Scotched Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotched Justice

“Individuals can resist injustice, but only a community can do justice”

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inScottish Newspapers

I'm too sick for the nick

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-09-03

I'm too sick for the nick Empty
PostSubject: I'm too sick for the nick   I'm too sick for the nick EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:13 pm

By PAUL THORNTON

Published: Today
FORMER Bay City Rollers manager Tam Paton was released on bail yesterday — because he’s too ill for jail.

Paton, 70 — who has suffered two heart attacks and a stroke in the past — had been in custody for more than a week on drug charges.

He was originally denied bail after his arrest 11 days ago but was allowed home yesterday after a private hearing at Edinburgh Sheriff Court.

His solicitor Frank Moore appealed the original bail refusal because of Paton’s health fears.

After his release yesterday Paton — who is diabetic and was warned by docs he will die if he doesn’t lose weight — said: “I’m too old for all this. I’m glad to be out and looking forward to getting home. I’m diabetic and on a diet so it was difficult to keep it going in there.”

The pensioner — who ran tartan-clad pop heart-throbs The Rollers during their rise to fame in the 1970s — was arrested in a car park in Edinburghand faces 12 charges.

It is claimed Paton, who built a fortune in property after his split from the band in 1979, was in possession of herbal cannabis and cannabis resin.

He also faces charges of attempting to supply the class C drugs and being concerned in the supply of cannabis. Paton, who lives in a mansion in the Gogar area of the capital, denies the charges.

scottish-sun@the-sun.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.torley.org

I'm too sick for the nick
Page 1 of 1